Science and Agricultural Journalism Blogs and Podcasts
Science and Agricultural Journalism Students Recognized in National Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow Critique and Awards Competition
Each year ACT members enter their work in the National Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow Critique and Awards competition.
A big congratulations to the following Science and Agricultural Journalism students:
- Katie Allen: First Place Research-Related Story, First Place Long Feature Story, Second Place News Story, Overall Writing Division Award of Excellence
- Nichole Busdieker (and the entire CAFNR Corner Post staff): First Place Online Publications
- Laura Chapuis: National ACT Scholarship Winner
- Tyne Morgan: First Place Radio Production
- Sara Muri: First Place Long Feature Personality Story
- Alice Roach: First Place News Story, Second Place Long Feature Story, Second Place Research-Related Story, Third Place Short Feature Story
In addition, Katie Allen was selected as the recipient of the highly competitive Livestock Publications Council Forrest Bassford Award, and she also received a scholarship from the Ag Relations Council.
The awards were presented at the Ag Media Summit on July 31, 2007.
Missourian Reporters: Winter 2007
Each semester, our students get real-world experience in the journalism industry working as reporters for the Columbia Missourian, a daily newspaper serving the city and surrounding communities. Producing stories on a wide range of topics, students get a first-hand look at the news editorial business while honing their writing and editing skills. Science and Agricultural Journalism students at the Missourian in winter semester '07 are listed below, with links to some of their top stories online.